Released in North America on October 10, 2017, Turtles All The Way Down by John Green has quickly earned a plethora of praise, resulting in it being touted as “a widely acclaimed best book of 2017”. And this acclaim is not without reason. Turtles All The Way Down is just as well-written and hard hitting as Green’s other books, earning it the same kind of praise as The Fault in our Stars and Looking for Alaska.
Sixteen-year-old Aza never intended to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there’s a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together, they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett’s son, Davis. Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student, and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts. In his long-awaited return, John Green, the acclaimed, award-winning author of Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, shares Aza’s story with shattering, unflinching clarity in this brilliant novel of love, resilience, and the power of lifelong friendship.
Continue reading “Turtles All The Way Down by John Green”
As we head into a new year, I’ve been looking forward to what release I am most anticipating in 2018 – It’s looking to be a good year for YA, Sci-Fi and Fantasy books, so I am excited to dive into another year of reading and blogging! Among some of my most highly anticipated books are Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (February 7, 2018), Sightwitch by Susan Dennard (February 13, 2018), Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce (Febraury 6, 2018), Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (March 13, 2018), War Storm by Victoria Aveyard (May 15, 2018), and Rage by Cora Carmack (June 5, 2018).
Focusing on the month of January, I’ve put together a list that combines the books I already own with a few upcoming releases that I am excited to add to my TBR pile!
- Nyxia by Scott Reintegen (Release Date: September 12, 2017)
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 19, 2017)
- The Last Star Burning by Cailtin Sangster (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler (Release Date: November 14, 2017)
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu (Release Date: January 2, 2018)
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (Release Date: January 23, 2018)
- The Hazel Wood (ARC) by Melissa Albert (Release Date: January 30, 2018)
- Furyborn (ARC) by Claire Legrand (Release Date: May 22, 2018)
What will you be reading this month? Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for more books to add to me TBR (even if I shouldn’t be!).
You all know the horror of being asked what you want for Christmas, especially when the only response that easily comes to mind is the one everyone already knows and expects – books. But I honestly just love unwrapping new books on Christmas morning! It means a Holiday Break spent curled up reading a relaxing – something that is very much needed this time of year! Especially when it’s as cold as it has been in Southern Ontario (for those of you who do not live in the region, or who are unaware of our recent cold snap, it was colder in Ontario this past week than it was in Antarctica!).
Before I divulge my exciting list of new books that I am excited to start reading, I must first of course relay how thankful I am to have people – family and friends – in my life who support my love of reading, and who always come through when it comes to providing ample reading material to this broke university student! In addition to the books listed below, I also received multiple gift cards to Chapters/Indigo, which I am hoping to stretch out until June!
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- Nyxia by Scott Reintegen
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler
- The Last Star Burning by Cailtin Sangster
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- Shadowblack by Sebastien de Castell
What books did you get this holiday season? Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for new books to read!