Released in North America on January 8th, 2019, The Wicked King by Holly Black is the sequel to her massively popular The Cruel Prince, which was released last year.
“You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring. The first lesson is to make yourself strong” – The Wicked King, Holly Black
After the jaw-dropping revelation that Oak is the heir to Faerie, Jude must keep her younger brother safe. To do so, she has bound the wicked king, Cardan, to her, and made herself the power behind the throne. Navigating the constantly shifting political alliances of Faerie would be difficult enough if Cardan were easy to control. But he does everything in his power to humiliate and undermine her even as his fascination with her remains undiminished. When it becomes all too clear that someone close to Jude means to betray her, threatening her own life and the lives of everyone she loves, Jude must uncover the traitor and fight her own complicated feelings for Cardan to maintain control as a mortal in a Faerie world.
Continue reading “The Wicked King by Holly Black”
Here it is – my first reading list of 2019! After a successful year of reading in 2018 (I managed to read over 80 books – I am not even sure how I managed that one!) I am excited to dive into all the fantastic new books being released in 2019!
I have quite a few books that I am excited for in 2019, but I’ll be sharing those in a post later this month! For now, here’s the books I am most excited to read in January! Some are older releases that I haven’t had a chance to read yet, while others are January releases I simply can’t wait to pick up!
- Once a King by Erin Summerhill (Release Date: December 4, 2018)
- Evermore by Sara Holland (Release Date: December 31, 2018)
- The Wicked King by Holly Black (Release Date: January 8, 2019)
- Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. Mcmanus (Release Date: January 8, 2019)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (Release Date: January 15, 2019)
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye (Release Date: January 22, 2019)
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (Release Date: January 29, 2019)
- Enchantee (ARC) by Gita Trelease (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Courting Darkness (ARC) by Robin LaFevers (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Bloodwitch (ARC) by Susan Dennard (Release Date: February 12, 2019)
What books are you most looking forward to reading in 2019?