Released on January 15, 2019, The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi is a YA Fantasy novel set in an alternate-Paris during a time of extraordinary change – one that is full of mystery, decadence, and dangerous desires…
No one believes in them. But soon no one will forget them. It’s 1889. The city is on the cusp of industry and power, and the Exposition Universelle has breathed new life into the streets and dredged up ancient secrets. Here, no one keeps tabs on dark truths better than treasure-hunter and wealthy hotelier Séverin Montagnet-Alarie. When the elite, ever-powerful Order of Babel coerces him to help them on a mission, Séverin is offered a treasure that he never imagined: his true inheritance. To hunt down the ancient artifact the Order seeks, Séverin calls upon a band of unlikely experts: An engineer with a debt to pay. A historian banished from his home. A dancer with a sinister past. And a brother in arms if not blood. Together, they will join Séverin as he explores the dark, glittering heart of Paris. What they find might change the course of history – but only if they can stay alive.
Continue reading “The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi”
Here it is – my first reading list of 2019! After a successful year of reading in 2018 (I managed to read over 80 books – I am not even sure how I managed that one!) I am excited to dive into all the fantastic new books being released in 2019!
I have quite a few books that I am excited for in 2019, but I’ll be sharing those in a post later this month! For now, here’s the books I am most excited to read in January! Some are older releases that I haven’t had a chance to read yet, while others are January releases I simply can’t wait to pick up!
- Once a King by Erin Summerhill (Release Date: December 4, 2018)
- Evermore by Sara Holland (Release Date: December 31, 2018)
- The Wicked King by Holly Black (Release Date: January 8, 2019)
- Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. Mcmanus (Release Date: January 8, 2019)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (Release Date: January 15, 2019)
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye (Release Date: January 22, 2019)
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (Release Date: January 29, 2019)
- Enchantee (ARC) by Gita Trelease (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Courting Darkness (ARC) by Robin LaFevers (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Bloodwitch (ARC) by Susan Dennard (Release Date: February 12, 2019)
What books are you most looking forward to reading in 2019?