Better late than never… right? October has been wild thus far, and between work, family, and life, my blog had to take a back seat for a couple weeks. I am hoping to get back into the blogging groove in the next couple weeks, but I make no promises! That being said, if you’re looking for regular updates, I am still sharing my love for books quite regularly on Instagram and Twitter.
SO, WHAT WILL I BE READING THIS MONTH?
I am going to try and be realistic with myself this month (I know, I know, I say that every month!) – with an exciting new teaching job to navigate I am not sure how much time I’ll have to read, so I am under no illusions of believing I will actually be able to finish every book on the below list – even half would be an accomplishment!
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Release Date: February 27, 2018)
- Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller (Release Date: August 29, 2018)
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 4, 2018)
- Vengeful by VE Schwab (Release Date: September 25, 2018)
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: October 23, 2018)
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Release Date: October 30, 2018)
Please note that all release dates reflect release dates in North America, as listed by Indigo.
WHAT WILL YOU BE READING THIS MONTH? LET ME KNOW!
Set to release on October 30, 2018, The Darkest Star is Jennifer L. Armentrout’s newest novel set in the Lux universe. In The Darkest Star, Jennifer L. Armentrout brings her trademark drama and intrigue to a new romantic YA science fiction series, presenting readers with a girl confronted by long buried secrets, a betrayal that could tear lives apart, and a swoonworthy romantic interest with dark secrets of his own.
DISCLAIMER: I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Raincoast Books in exchange for an honest review.
In the world of the Lux, secrets thrive, lies shatter, and love is undeniable. Seventeen-year-old Evie Dasher knows firsthand the devastating consequences of humanity’s war with the stunning, otherworldly Luxen. Evie was just a kid when the aliens were defeated, but her life was forever changed when her father, Sergeant Jason Dasher, was killed during one of the deadly battles. When Evie is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and the surviving Luxen can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen…but he is in fact something much more secret-and much more dangerous. Her growing desire to know about Luc will lead her deeper and deeper into a world she’d only heard about, revealing secrets long buried, a betrayal that could tear her life apart, and an attraction that could be the very end of her.
Continue reading “The Darkest Star (ARC) by Jennifer L. Armentrout”