It’s the time of year for lists and reflection, and I would be amiss if I didn’t reflect upon what I read this year, and if I didn’t share my favourite reads of 2019! Everything considered, I still managed to read quite a lot this year – 78 books to be exact (or around there, because I am sure I missed recording a few on Goodreads here and there!), which amounted to a whopping 29,736 pages read! While this isn’t quite as much as My Year in Books 2018, I am still really happy to have not only met my goal (to read 50 books), but to have surpassed it as well!
Anyways, Goodreads put together this super neat feature called “My Year in Books”, and I thought it would be awesome to combine some of the things I learned from it with my yearly Top 10 Books post! I have attached photos of “My Year in Books” below my Top 10 of 2019 post for this of you who are interested in viewing it – including a fabulous collage of all the books I read this year!
Continue reading “My Year in Books 2019”
I know, I know – this list is a couple days late! Unfortunately the end of January was quite jam-packed, so it took me a few days to get this post together – though that is certainly no indicator of how excited I am for these February reads! my first reading list of 2019! After a successful month of reading in January (I managed to read over 12 books – I am not even sure how I managed that one!) I am excited to dive into all the fantastic new books being released in February!
I have quite a few books that I am excited to read in February, including some are older releases that I haven’t had a chance to read yet. Despite that, most are new releases I simply can’t wait to pick up (an honestly? It looks like February 5 is the most popular release day of 2019 so far!).
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (Release Date: January 29, 2019)
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard (Release Date: February 12, 2019)
- The Triumphant by Lesley Livingston (Release Date: February 12, 2019)
- The Afterward by E.K. Johnston (Release Date: February 19, 2019)
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller (Release Date: February 26, 2019)
What books are you most looking forward to reading in February?