Who else is celebrating the fact that the school year is over? I know I am! I’ve had an amazing few weeks at my first-ever teaching job, but jumping into teaching right after an exhausting (and rewarding) year of Teacher’s College means that I am more than ready for a bit of a break – even if I am still working at camp this summer!
I managed to get a decent amount of reading done in June – I finished several books, including They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera, Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett, The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke, Smoke in the Sun by Renee Ahdieh, and Whisper of the Tide by Sarah Tolscer.
While working at camp means that I am busy, I will not be nearly as busy as I was during school, which means that I am hoping to find myself with a bit more time for reading, reviewing and photography – among other things.
I have once again put together what is undoubtedly an overly optimistic reading list for June 2018. This lists includes some books from previous months I simply haven’t had a chance to read yet, books I received for my birthday, and some exciting new releases I am hoping to get my hands on!
MY JULY 2018 READING LIST IS:
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (Release Date: January 16, 2018)
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (Release Date: January 23, 2018)
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Release Date: February 27, 2018)
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake (Release Date: April 10, 2018)
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber (Release Date: May 29, 2018)
- A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir (Release Date: June 12, 2018)
- Bright We Burn by Kiersten White (Release Date: July 10, 2018)
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (Release Date: July 10, 2018)
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
Please note that all release dates reflect release dates in North America, as listed by Indigo.
What will you be reading this month? Let me know!
So here it is – another month of trying to tackle (and overcome) my forever growing To Be Read pile. For every book I finish, it seems like a new one just … appears (I swear, I’ve barely bought any new books this summer!).
So, what will I be reading this month?
Well, after a crazily busy July, I have a lot of catching up to do; I am setting some more reasonable reading goals for myself, and hoping that the few weeks that I do have off in August can be used for some quality reading time! That being said, much of this list may look similar to my recent TBR’s, but there’s some new books on here as well!
- Obsidian and Stars by Julie Eshbaugh (June 13, 2017)
- Thief’s Cunning by Sarah Ahiers (June 13, 2017)
- Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell (May 4th, 2017)
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (July 25th, 2017)
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (December 11th, 2012)
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller (August 29th, 2017)
- Wicked Liked A Wildfire by Lana Popovic (August 15, 2017)
So, what will you be reading this month? Let me know in the comments!
March came in roaring like a lion last night (quite literally – the booming thunder and flashing lightning kept me up quite late!). But we all know what the beginning of a new month means- a new TBR list!
I managed to chip away at a significant amount of my TBR List, but it’s still quite large. That being said, my goal this month is to get my TBR pile down to only 5 books.
The following are books I already own, but which are currently (sadly) sitting unread on my shelf (or in my Kindle library):
- Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas (this book is also The YA Readers Alliance’s Book of the Month for March!)
- Roseblood by A.G. Howard
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr
- Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- Trial by Fire by Rachel Angelini
- The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
- Island of Exiles (ARC) by Erica Cameron
In addition, I am very excited to read some new, upcoming releases (although, in order to reach my goal of getting my TBR list down to 5 books (and maybe save a bit of money too), I’ve really limited the new releases I’ll be reading this month!
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (March 7th)
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (March 14th)
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves (March 28th)*
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (you can find my review of The Bone Witch (ARC) here!) (March 7th)
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14th)
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi (March 28th)*
*Due to the late release dates of these books, I probably won’t get to reading them until April, but one can always hope, right?
The Epic Reads Team has also put together a pretty comprehensive list of books, from multiple genres, that are set to release this month – you can check it out here!