I am going to try and keep this month’s list short (even as I type this I know it will undoubtedly get out of control once I start adding books to this list – but it’s the thought that counts, right?). April is without a doubt going to be a crazy busy month for me – I will be entering my final practicum as a pre-service teacher! Crazy, right? But practicum means a busy schedule of teaching, volunteering, and lesson planning, and in my previous experience, this really does cut into my reading time.
That being said, let’s take a moment to acknowledge that my reading time is important – because “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body” (Joseph Addison and Sir Richard Steele). Research has shown that curling up with a good book is not only enjoyable, it can positively impact your mental and emotional health. Reading books, particularly fiction, fully engages the mind and imagination – and transports the reader to a world away, resulting in lower stress levels. And that, in truth, has always been my experience when it comes to reading for pleasure. So while I may be busy with finishing up my final term of post-secondary, I know I’ll find a way to sneak in some reading time!
So what’s on this month’s list? Once again, this month’s list is a collection of books being released in April 2018, some upcoming releases I’ve been lucky enough to receive an Advanced Reader Copy of, and previously released books that I hope to find the time to (finally) read this month!
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (Release Date: January 16, 2018)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland (Release Date: April 2, 2018)
- Stormcaster by Cinda Williams Chima (Release Date: April 3, 2018)
- Isle of Blood and Stone by Makiia Lucier (Release Date: April 10, 2018)
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (Release Date: April 10, 2018)
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (Release Date: April 24, 2018)
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (Release Date: April 24, 2018)
- From the Earth to the Shadows (ARC) by Amanda Hocking (Release Date: April 24, 2018)
- Song of Blood & Stone (ARC) by L. Penelope (Release Date: May 2, 2018)
This month I am undoubtedly most excited for Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (Release Date: April 10, 2018) and Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (Release Date: April 24, 2018) – I’ve included a synopsis of the two books below!