Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr is the combination of ethereal fae powers, tumultuous romance, and a bloodthirsty faery queen that will have longtime fans and new readers alike at the edge of their seats. Melissa Marr’s newest series explores the precarious space between two worlds—and the people who must thrive there.
Lilywhite Abernathy is a criminal—she’s half human, half fae, and since the time before she was born her very blood has been illegal. A war has been raging between humans and faeries and the Queen of Blood and Rage, ruler of the fae courts, wants to avenge the tragic death of her heir due to the actions of reckless humans. Lily’s father has always shielded her from the truth, but when she’s sent to the prestigious St. Columba’s school, she’s delivered straight into the arms of a fae sleeper cell—the Black Diamonds. The Diamonds are planted in the human world as the sons and daughters of the most influential families, and tasked with destroying it from within. Against her will, Lilywhite’s been chosen to join them … and even the romantic attention of the fae rock singer Creed Morrison isn’t enough to keep Lily from wanting to run back to the familiar world she knows.
Continue reading “Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr”
March came in roaring like a lion last night (quite literally – the booming thunder and flashing lightning kept me up quite late!). But we all know what the beginning of a new month means- a new TBR list!
I managed to chip away at a significant amount of my TBR List, but it’s still quite large. That being said, my goal this month is to get my TBR pile down to only 5 books.
The following are books I already own, but which are currently (sadly) sitting unread on my shelf (or in my Kindle library):
- Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas (this book is also The YA Readers Alliance’s Book of the Month for March!)
- Roseblood by A.G. Howard
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr
- Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- Trial by Fire by Rachel Angelini
- The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
- Island of Exiles (ARC) by Erica Cameron
In addition, I am very excited to read some new, upcoming releases (although, in order to reach my goal of getting my TBR list down to 5 books (and maybe save a bit of money too), I’ve really limited the new releases I’ll be reading this month!
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (March 7th)
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (March 14th)
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves (March 28th)*
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (you can find my review of The Bone Witch (ARC) here!) (March 7th)
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14th)
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi (March 28th)*
*Due to the late release dates of these books, I probably won’t get to reading them until April, but one can always hope, right?
The Epic Reads Team has also put together a pretty comprehensive list of books, from multiple genres, that are set to release this month – you can check it out here!