With the release of the third and final book in the Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson, I felt that it was finally time to review the three books in this series. I first picked up Walk on Earth a Stranger when its stunning cover caught my eye in my local bookstore, and from there on in I was hooked. In her newest series, Rae Carson introduces readers to a strong heroine, a cast of intriguing characters, perilous roads, fantastical twists, and a slow-burning romance.
In this review I will provide a mini, spoiler-free review of each individual book, then discuss the series as a whole.
Continue reading “Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson”
Hey Bookworms! For those of you who have been following my reading journey on my Bookstagram or Twitter, you’ll know that I have had a pretty successful reading month in October – I managed to read about half of my October TBR list (plus a couple books that weren’t initially on it), and with everything going on, I am pretty proud of that! My stack of To Be Read Books is slowly (but surely) shrinking, and as I head into the next few months, I will be limiting myself when it comes to purchasing new books, so hopefully I will be able to complete my current TBR stack for the first time in months!
So, what will I be reading this month?
I am going to try and be realistic with myself this month – with my educational journey as a Teacher Candidate now well underway, I now know my time to read will be limited, so I am under no illusions of believing I will actually be able to finish every book on the below list – once again, even half would be an accomplishment!
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo (September 26, 2017)
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli (October 3, 2017)
- Shadowblack by Sebastien de Castell (October 5, 2017)
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson (October 10, 2017)
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C Dao (October 10, 2017)
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler (November 14, 2017)
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty (November 14, 2017)
- Siege of Shadows by Sarah Raughley (November 21, 2017)