With the release of Our Dark Duet on June 13th, 2017, Victoria’s Schwab’s Young Adult Duology, which began with This Savage Song on July 5th, 2016, is now complete, and so it felt like it was time to review both books, and the duology itself, as a whole.
The duology itself flows very well together – the story, the characters and the tone of the writing are consistent across both books, and I definitely feel that the story Schwab crafted here was well suited to a duology. More books may have simply dragged the story out for too long, while a single book definitely wouldn’t have done August and Kate’s stories justice (Overall Duology Rating: 3.5/5).
Continue reading “DUOLOGY REVIEW: Monsters of Verity by Victoria Schwab”
This post may be a few days late… But better late than never, right? June is sure to be a busy month for me, what with the end of the school year and the start of summer camp just around the corner, but there’s always time for reading! Even if it has to be done in the dead of night when I’m supposed to be sleeping.
But who could sleep with all these awesome new and upcoming releases? (Plus some older releases I’ve finally added to my TBR!) I’m also thinking that I may just have to camp out at the book store on June 13, because wow! – so many books coming out on one day!
- Roar by Cora Carmack (June 13, 2017)
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (June 13, 2017)
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White (June 27, 2017)
- Obsidian and Stars by Julie Eshbaugh (June 13, 2017)
- Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts (May 30, 2017)
- Thief’s Cunning by Sarah Ahiers (June 13, 2017)
- Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser (June 6, 2017)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (July 3, 2012)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (July 1, 2014)
- Beren and Luthien by J.R.R. Tolkien, illustrated by Alan Lee and edited by Christopher Tolkien (June 1, 2017)
Please note that the above release dates reflect North American publication dates; they in no way are guaranteed to reflect international publication dates!