Released in North America on September 12, 2017, Nyxia by Scott Reintgen is a “high-octane thriller” that “has the nonstop action of The Maze Runner and the high-stakes space setting of Illuminae” . YA Sci-Fi fans are definitely going to want to read this one – from the settings, to the plot, to the characters, everything about Nyxia screams Sci-Fi from the very first page until the very last.
What would you be willing to risk for a lifetime of fortune? Emmett Atwater isn’t just leaving Detroit; he’s leaving Earth. Why the Babel Corporation recruited him is a mystery, but the number of zeroes on their contract has him boarding their lightship and hoping to return to Earth with enough money to take care of his family. Forever. Before long, Emmett discovers that he is one of ten recruits, all of whom have troubled pasts and are a long way from home. Now each recruit must earn the right to travel down to the planet of Eden—a planet that Babel has kept hidden—where they will mine a substance called Nyxia that has quietly become the most valuable material in the universe. But Babel’s ship is full of secrets. And Emmett will face the ultimate choice: win the fortune at any cost, or find a way to fight that won’t forever compromise what it means to be human.
Continue reading “Nyxia by Scott Reintgen”
As we head into a new year, I’ve been looking forward to what release I am most anticipating in 2018 – It’s looking to be a good year for YA, Sci-Fi and Fantasy books, so I am excited to dive into another year of reading and blogging! Among some of my most highly anticipated books are Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (February 7, 2018), Sightwitch by Susan Dennard (February 13, 2018), Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce (Febraury 6, 2018), Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (March 13, 2018), War Storm by Victoria Aveyard (May 15, 2018), and Rage by Cora Carmack (June 5, 2018).
Focusing on the month of January, I’ve put together a list that combines the books I already own with a few upcoming releases that I am excited to add to my TBR pile!
- Nyxia by Scott Reintegen (Release Date: September 12, 2017)
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 19, 2017)
- The Last Star Burning by Cailtin Sangster (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler (Release Date: November 14, 2017)
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu (Release Date: January 2, 2018)
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (Release Date: January 23, 2018)
- The Hazel Wood (ARC) by Melissa Albert (Release Date: January 30, 2018)
- Furyborn (ARC) by Claire Legrand (Release Date: May 22, 2018)
What will you be reading this month? Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for more books to add to me TBR (even if I shouldn’t be!).
You all know the horror of being asked what you want for Christmas, especially when the only response that easily comes to mind is the one everyone already knows and expects – books. But I honestly just love unwrapping new books on Christmas morning! It means a Holiday Break spent curled up reading a relaxing – something that is very much needed this time of year! Especially when it’s as cold as it has been in Southern Ontario (for those of you who do not live in the region, or who are unaware of our recent cold snap, it was colder in Ontario this past week than it was in Antarctica!).
Before I divulge my exciting list of new books that I am excited to start reading, I must first of course relay how thankful I am to have people – family and friends – in my life who support my love of reading, and who always come through when it comes to providing ample reading material to this broke university student! In addition to the books listed below, I also received multiple gift cards to Chapters/Indigo, which I am hoping to stretch out until June!
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- Nyxia by Scott Reintegen
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler
- The Last Star Burning by Cailtin Sangster
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- Shadowblack by Sebastien de Castell
What books did you get this holiday season? Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for new books to read!