The witches, beasties, goblins, and Royals return in this spellbinding conclusion to New York Times best-selling author Megan Shepherd’s Grim Lovelies duology, released in North America on August 13th, 2019. Wicked and delightful, this spellbinding sequel and conclusion to Grim Lovelies is perfect for fans of The Cruel Prince and The Hazel Wood.
DISCLAIMER: Thank-you to Raincoast Books for providing me with an Advance Readers’ Edition of Midnight Beauties by Megan Shepherd, in exchange for an honest review.
Ever since she discovered her affinity for magic, seventeen-year-old Anouk has been desperate to become a witch. It’s the only way to save her friends who, like Anouk, are beasties: animals enchanted into humans. But unlike Anouk, the other beasties didn’t make it out of the battle at Montélimar in one piece. With her friends now trapped in their animal forms, Anouk is forced into a sinister deal involving a political marriage with her sworn enemy, a wicked plot to overthrow London’s fiercest coven of witches, and a deadly trial of fire to become a witch. The price for power has always been steep in the world of the Haute. Now, it will cost Anouk everything.
Continue reading “Midnight Beauties (ARC) by Megan Shepherd”
Better late than never… right? October has been wild thus far, and between work, family, and life, my blog had to take a back seat for a couple weeks. I am hoping to get back into the blogging groove in the next couple weeks, but I make no promises! That being said, if you’re looking for regular updates, I am still sharing my love for books quite regularly on Instagram and Twitter.
SO, WHAT WILL I BE READING THIS MONTH?
I am going to try and be realistic with myself this month (I know, I know, I say that every month!) – with an exciting new teaching job to navigate I am not sure how much time I’ll have to read, so I am under no illusions of believing I will actually be able to finish every book on the below list – even half would be an accomplishment!
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Release Date: February 27, 2018)
- Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller (Release Date: August 29, 2018)
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 4, 2018)
- Vengeful by VE Schwab (Release Date: September 25, 2018)
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: October 23, 2018)
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Release Date: October 30, 2018)
Please note that all release dates reflect release dates in North America, as listed by Indigo.
WHAT WILL YOU BE READING THIS MONTH? LET ME KNOW!