It’s the time of year for lists and reflection, and I would be amiss if I didn’t reflect upon what I read this year, and if I didn’t share my favourite reads of 2018! I read a lot this year – 82 books to be exact (or around there, because I am sure I missed recording a few on Goodreads here and there!), which amounted to a whopping 32,163 pages. And that’s not even counting all the reading I did for school (which, by the way, is something I would prefer to not reflect upon).
Anyways, Goodreads put together this super neat feature called “My Year in Books”, and I thought it would be awesome to combine some of the things I learned from it with my yearly Top 10 Books post! I have attached photos of “My Year in Books” below my Top 10 of 2018 post for this of you who are interested in viewing it – including a fabulous collage of all the books I read this year!
My Top 10 Books for 2018 are:
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: October 23, 2018)
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Vengeful by VE Schwab (Release Date: September 25, 2018)
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce (Release Date: February 6, 2018)
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson (Release Date: August 7, 2018)
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (Release Date: November 6, 2018)
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Release Date: March 13, 2018)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
Notable mentions include The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody, These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch, Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton, Dare You To Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch, and The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli.
*Please note that this list only includes books that were published between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 in Canada. In addition, all books on the above list are books that I have personally read during the year of 2018. Therefore, some books you regarded as being one of your favourite books of 2018 may be omitted from this list. If this is the case, please refrain from negativity – instead, I ask you to comment and share the omitted book with me so I have to opportunity to read it myself! Thank-you!
Continue reading “My Year in Books 2018”
Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson is a new novel in the New York Times–bestselling Remnant Chronicles universe, in which a reformed thief and the young leader of an outlaw dynasty lock wits in a battle that may cost them their lives—and their hearts.
When the patriarch of the Ballenger empire dies, his son, Jase, becomes its new leader. Even nearby kingdoms bow to the strength of this outlaw family, who have always governed by their own rules. But a new era looms on the horizon, set in motion by a young queen, which makes her the target of the dynasty’s resentment and anger. At the same time, Kazi, a legendary former street thief, is sent by the queen to investigate transgressions against the new settlements. When Kazi arrives in the forbidding land of the Ballengers, she learns that there is more to Jase than she thought. As unexpected events spiral out of their control, bringing them intimately together, they continue to play a cat and mouse game of false moves and motives in order to fulfill their own secret missions.
Continue reading “Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson”
So here it is – another month of trying to tackle (and overcome) my forever growing To Be Read pile. For every book I finish, it seems like a new one just … appears (I swear, I’ve barely bought any new books this summer!).
SO, WHAT WILL I BE READING THIS MONTH?
Well, after a crazily busy July, I have a lot of catching up to do; I am setting some more reasonable reading goals for myself, and hoping that the few weeks that I do have off in August can be used for some quality reading time! That being said, I am going to be working full-time and taking an online course for most of August, so I’ve definitely got another busy month lined up!
MY AUGUST 2018 READING LIST IS:
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Release Date: February 27, 2018)
- Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake (Release Date: April 10, 2018)
- A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir (Release Date: June 12, 2018)
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Catwoman : Soulstealer by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: August 7th, 2018)
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson (Release Date: August 7th, 2018)
- These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch (Release Date: August 7th, 2018)
- Nightblood by Elly Blake (Release Date: August 21st, 2018)
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud (Release Date: August 28, 2018)
- Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller (Release Date: August 29, 2018)
Please note that all release dates reflect release dates in North America, as listed by Indigo.
WHAT WILL YOU BE READING THIS MONTH? LET ME KNOW!