Well Bookworms – it’s official, I am bringing my longer-than-expected hiatus to an end (with this post)! It feels like it has been months since I have sat dawn with my laptop to write a post about anything books related – and since it actually has been months, please forgive me if this post isn’t quite up to my usual standard.
Regardless, I am excited to be back and to be sharing my 2019 Christmas Wish List with any of you who have decided to hang around long enough to see my triumphant return to blogging. Books are one of my favourite gifts to give, and to receive. I especially enjoy gifting books I have read to friends and family, so that we can share and discuss them once they have been read! And since my father and I have a similar taste in books (see: anything high-fantasy), this usually works out! My boyfriend is more into Sci-Fi, so I’ve managed to wrangle him into reading some of my YA Sci-Fi favourites, like The Illumiae Files (Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman) or Skyward (Brandon Sanderson).
Anyways, back to my Christmas Wish List! As it is most years, this list is a jumble of recent releases, and older releases (typically from earlier in 2019), that I simply haven’t had a chance to get my hands on. As usual, most of the books on the below list are YA Fantasy, with a dash of Sci-Fi mixed in!
Continue reading “Christmas Wish List 2019”
Hey Bookworms! For those of you who have been following my reading journey on my Bookstagram, you’ll know that I have a relatively successful reading month in November – in fact, I managed to read 7 books, despite a wildly busy month at work! I totally did not anticipate this level of reading success in November, but I am so happy that I found so much time to read this month, despite everything else going on in my life!
SO, WHAT WILL I BE READING THIS MONTH?
With Christmas just around the corner, I have decided to put myself on a “Book Buying Ban” until the New Year, which means my monthly TBR will be limited to the four books currently in my To Be Read Box, and one audiobook!
- Hunting Prince Dracula (Audiobook) by Kerri Maniscalco (Release Date: September 19, 2017)
- Heart of Thorns (ARC) by Bree Barton (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller (Release Date: August 29, 2018)
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 4, 2018)
- Enchantee (ARC) by Gita Trelease (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
That being said, I do have quite the Christmas Wishlist, which is lined with new releases! For anyone looking for gift ideas of their own (and for my own reference in the future), I thought I would share my Christmas Wishlist here as well!
- Ever the Brave by Erin Summerhill (Release Date: December 5, 2017)
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning (Release Date: July 31, 2018)
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud (Release Date: August 28, 2018)
- The Devil’s Thief by Lisa Maxwell (Release Date: October 5, 2018)
- Empress of all Seasons by Emiko Jean (Release Date: November 6, 2018)
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson (Release Date: November 6, 2018)
- Once a King by Erin Summerhill (Release Date: December 4, 2018)
- Evermore by Sara Holland (Release Date: December 31, 2018)
WHAT BOOKS ARE ON YOUR WISHLIST? LET ME KNOW!
Normally I make a TBR for the month, but this month, in celebration of the holiday season, I decided to make a Christmas Wish List instead (since I’ll be saving my money to give gifts, not buy books, this month)!
- Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
- Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliot
- The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
- A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnson
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Stranger Game by Cylin Busby
- Broken Prince by Erin Watt
- The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
I’ve also been stocking up on books for my family (because what else would I be gifting for Christmas?), so keep an eye out for not only my own Holiday Book Haul, but my stack of Gift Books!
What’s on your holiday wishlist this year?