Released in North America on January 2, 2018, Between the Blade and the Heart by New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking is the first book in a brilliant new young adult fantasy duology inspired by Norse mythology that is sure to be popular with fans of Riordan’s Percy Jackson.
(NOTE: I would like to thank St.Martin’s Press for providing me with an electronic copy of Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking in exchange for an honest review)
When the fate of the world is at stake, loyalties will be tested. As one of Odin’s Valkyries, Malin’s greatest responsibility is to slay immortals and return them to the underworld. The balance of the world rests on her ability to carry out orders. But when Malin discovers that her mother spared the life of an immortal who was destined to die, her world is thrown into chaos. As Malin wrestles with the knowledge that her mother might not be who she thought, she’s also thrust into the path of a gorgeous blue-eyed guy named Asher who needs her help slaying the rogue immortal who destroyed his family. Malin, along with her best friend and her ex-girlfriend, must decide where her loyalties lie…and whether helping Asher enact his revenge is worth the risk—to the world and to her heart.
Continue reading “MINI MONDAY: Between the Blade and the Heart (ARC) by Amanda Hocking”
Here we are again – another month, another To Be Read List. I’ll be honest with you all (to those of you who actually read these, anyways), I mostly share these lists for my own personal reference, for months from now (when I actually have free time) when I want to go back a read books I missed during the mayhem that is the school year. And let’s be honest – 2018 has been riddled with fantastic YA Fantasy and Sci-Fi releases thus far, not to mention all the Adult Fantasy books that have found their way onto my shelves in recent weeks. I don’t want to miss a thing!
But I’ll be honest – life is busy. My TBR list is often out of control. So I have created a physical system to limit my book buying – a “TBR Box”. If the box is full, I can’t buy another book until there is room for it. This is actually working quite well so far! You’ll see my TBR box featured on my Bookstagram now and then (and here it is below – although it’s not holding TBR books in this photo!).
How do you control your To Be Read Books?
I did pretty good last month – despite how busy February always ends up being, I managed to read nearly all the books on my list (which you can find here). Those that I didn’t quite find the time to get to have been included on this list – here’s to hoping I can tackle this months list just as efficiently (Please note that the below list is based on my own personal interests and release dates in Canada)!
- Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking (Release Date: January 2, 2018)
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (Release Date: January 16, 2018)
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Release Date: March 13, 2018)
- The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco (Release Date: March 20, 2018)
- From the Earth to the Shadows (ARC) by Amanda Hocking (Release Date: April 24, 2018)
- Song of Blood & Stone (ARC) by L. Penelope (Release Date: May 2, 2018)
- Furyborn (ARC) by Claire Legrand (Release Date: May 22, 2018)