Released in North America on January 2, 2018, Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu is a new, eagerly anticipated Batman story that is an action-packed thrill ride from beginning to end. Batman: Nightwalker is the second of a series of DC Icons books, inspired by some of the most well-known DC Superheroes of all-time. This new series features megastar young adult authors Leigh Bardugo (Wonder Woman), Marie Lu (Batman), Sarah J. Maas (Catwoman), and Matt de la Peña (Superman).
Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy. The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list. The city’s elites are being taken out one by one as their mansions’ security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is about to become eighteen and inherit his family’s fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Industries and all the tech gadgetry that he loves. But on the way home from his birthday party, he makes an impulsive choice and is sentenced to community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city’s most nefarious criminals. Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce’s only hope. The most intriguing inmate in Arkham is Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. A girl who will only speak to Bruce. She is the mystery he must unravel, but is he convincing her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees?
Continue reading “Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu”
As we head into a new year, I’ve been looking forward to what release I am most anticipating in 2018 – It’s looking to be a good year for YA, Sci-Fi and Fantasy books, so I am excited to dive into another year of reading and blogging! Among some of my most highly anticipated books are Iron Gold by Pierce Brown (February 7, 2018), Sightwitch by Susan Dennard (February 13, 2018), Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce (Febraury 6, 2018), Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (March 13, 2018), War Storm by Victoria Aveyard (May 15, 2018), and Rage by Cora Carmack (June 5, 2018).
Focusing on the month of January, I’ve put together a list that combines the books I already own with a few upcoming releases that I am excited to add to my TBR pile!
- Nyxia by Scott Reintegen (Release Date: September 12, 2017)
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (Release Date: September 19, 2017)
- The Last Star Burning by Cailtin Sangster (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson (Release Date: October 10, 2017)
- Runebinder by Alex R Kahler (Release Date: November 14, 2017)
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu (Release Date: January 2, 2018)
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (Release Date: January 23, 2018)
- The Hazel Wood (ARC) by Melissa Albert (Release Date: January 30, 2018)
- Furyborn (ARC) by Claire Legrand (Release Date: May 22, 2018)
What will you be reading this month? Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for more books to add to me TBR (even if I shouldn’t be!).