For those of you reading about Indigo Teen Staff Pick of the Month for the first time, you may be curious as to just what it is! In short, it’s a program run by Chapters/Indigo Books & Music Inc., with the goal of featuring new and exciting book releases for various demographics and/or genres.
Each month, 100 staff members read a number of teen and YA books, and then vote for their pick of the month! Each monthly pick is announced by Chapters/Indigo at the beginning of each month, and each of the picks are kept secret until then!
If you’re shopping in store, you can easily identify current, and past, Indigo Staff Picks of the Month by spotting the black, circular sticker on their cover (see below). If you’re shopping online, you can check out current and past Indigo Staff Picks of the Month here.
If you happen to pick up your own copy of an Indigo Staff Picks of the Month book, please be sure to show it off on social media by using the hashtag #IndigoStaffPicks!
You can check out some of my review for previous Indigo Staff Picks of the Month here:
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (August 2019)
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He (April 2019)
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte (March 2019)
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe (January 2019)
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott (December 2018)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (October 2018)
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram (September 2018)