Well Bookworms, I write to you from a much different position than I did a month ago, upon the creation of my March 2020 Reading List. To say that the events of the past month were unexpected would be, in my humble opinion, a tad bit of an understatement. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine widespread school closures, emergency measures, and the kinds of heartbreak and catastrophe that are even now shaping our world. And yet, here we are, and I find myself looking towards the little joys and victories in life, rather than focusing on the uncertainties around me.
One little joy I am happy to celebrate is the amount of books that I read in March. While I had hoped to read a lot over March Break, an extra two weeks of ample reading time allowed me to really get through a significant amount of the books in my To Be Read Box, including: House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City) by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: March 3, 2020), Havenfall by Sara Holland (Release Date: March 3, 2020), A Song Below Water by Bethany C Morrow (Release Date: June 2, 2020), The Dark Tide by Alicia Jasinka (Release Date: June 2, 2020), and more! Honestly, this is a major victory for me, and I am considering celebrating it with a Reading Wrap-Up post.
That being said, I am now (finally) running low on new books to read – what a problem to have! I am planning on pre-ordering several April releases from local, Canadian booksellers, and I may also re-read a couple of the books already on my shelves in order to prepare for some highly anticipated May releases (The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Games Novel) by Susanne Collins, perhaps?).
SO WHAT WILL I BE READING IN APRIL 2020?
- The Midnight Lie by Marie Rutkoski (Release Date: March 3, 2020)
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: March 31, 2020)
- Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan (Release Date: April 7, 2020)
- The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson (Release Date: April 7, 2020)
- Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth (Release Date: April 7, 2020)
- Deadly Curious by Cindy Antsey (Release Date: April 14, 2020)
- Elysium Girls by Kate Pentecost (Release Date: April 14, 2020)
- The Silence of Bones by June Hur (Release Date: April 21, 2020)
What will you be reading during the month of April? Let me know in the comments!