It’s the time of year for lists and reflection, and I would be amiss if I didn’t reflect upon what I read this year, and if I didn’t share my favourite reads of 2019! Everything considered, I still managed to read quite a lot this year – 78 books to be exact (or around there, because I am sure I missed recording a few on Goodreads here and there!), which amounted to a whopping 29,736 pages read! While this isn’t quite as much as My Year in Books 2018, I am still really happy to have not only met my goal (to read 50 books), but to have surpassed it as well!
Anyways, Goodreads put together this super neat feature called “My Year in Books”, and I thought it would be awesome to combine some of the things I learned from it with my yearly Top 10 Books post! I have attached photos of “My Year in Books” below my Top 10 of 2019 post for this of you who are interested in viewing it – including a fabulous collage of all the books I read this year!
My Top 10 Books for 2019 are:
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff (Release Date: September 3rd, 2019)
- Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard (Release Date: February 12, 2019)
- The Merciful Crow by Owen Margaret (Release Date: July 30, 2019)
- Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco (Release Date: September 10, 2019)
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers (Release Date: February 5, 2019)
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (Release Date: September 3, 2019)
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (Release Date: October 8, 2019)
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller (Release Date: February 26, 2019)
- Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M McManus (Release Date: January 8, 2019)
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (Release Date: July 9, 2019)
Notable mentions include There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool (Release Date: September 3, 2019), Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin (Release Date: September 3, 2019) American Royals by Katharine McGee (Release Date: September 3, 2019), The Afterward by EK Johnston (Release Date: February 19, 2019) , and King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (Release Date: January 29, 2019).
*Please note that this list only includes books that were published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 in Canada. In addition, all books on the above list are books that I have personally read during the year of 2019. Therefore, some books you regarded as being one of your favourite books of 2019 may be omitted from this list. If this is the case, please refrain from negativity – instead, I ask you to comment and share the omitted book with me so I have to opportunity to read it myself! Thank-you!
Now, back to my Year in Books, as told by Goodreads! First up are some basic book lengths and popularity statistics:
Next up is my top rated book, which was (unsurprisingly) another book by the Queen of YA Fantasy herself, Empire of Storms Sarah J Maas:
Finally, Goodreads compiled a giant collage of all the books I read in 2019, which I absolutely loved, and was so excited to share with the world: