March was quite a successful reading month for me – thanks, in part, to March Break, which gave me 9 days of blissful, uninterrupted reading time! I sat down and set a goal to read five (5) books during March Break (March 9 – March 17, 2019). Early on, this seemed a bit optimistic – even if I did have the week off work – but not entirely impossible. And as I quickly worked my way through book, after book, after book, it was rapidly evident that this was definitely a goal I could achieve. And I did! I finished my fifth book (Mirage by Somaiya Daud) on Saturday March 16, fulfilling my goal over 24 hours before the deadline I had set myself. This, and some other reading, brought me to a grand total of 10 books read in March 2019 (which means I have now read 27/50 books for my 2019 Reading Challenge)!
That being said, I still have a handful of unread books already waiting in my “To Be Read Box”, and some other late-March and April releases that I am excited to add to my bookshelves! This means I definitely need to get reading if I want to free up some sapce in my TBR Box! for those of you who aren’t familiar with my “To Be Read Box” system, it’s actually quite simply – I have a box (which fits about 6-8 books) where I keep my unread novels. I only allow myself to purchase a new book if there is room for it in the TBR Box – if not, I need to do some more reading before my trip to the bookstore!
So what am I planning on reading in April? Well, as you can see above, I already have a full TBR box, so I will be focusing on tackling several of those books (especially the ARCs I received from Raincoast Books and HCC Frenzy!), in addition to a couple exciting new releases. This is a shorter list than usual, but I am trying to keep my expectations realistic!
- All the Wandering Light by Heather Fawcett (Release Date: December 8, 2019)
- Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer (Release Date: January 15, 2019)
- Superman: Dawnbreaker by Matt de la Pena (Release Date: March 5, 2019)
- Deathcaster by Cinda Williams Chima (Release Date: March 5, 2019)
- The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala (Release Date: April 23, 2019)
- Nocturna by Maya Motayne (Release Date: May 7, 2019)
- Kingsbane by Claire Legrand (Release Date: May 21, 2019)