It’s the time of year for lists and reflection, and I would be amiss if I didn’t reflect upon what I read this year, and if I didn’t share my favourite reads of 2018! I read a lot this year – 82 books to be exact (or around there, because I am sure I missed recording a few on Goodreads here and there!), which amounted to a whopping 32,163 pages. And that’s not even counting all the reading I did for school (which, by the way, is something I would prefer to not reflect upon).
Anyways, Goodreads put together this super neat feature called “My Year in Books”, and I thought it would be awesome to combine some of the things I learned from it with my yearly Top 10 Books post! I have attached photos of “My Year in Books” below my Top 10 of 2018 post for this of you who are interested in viewing it – including a fabulous collage of all the books I read this year!
My Top 10 Books for 2018 are:
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas (Release Date: October 23, 2018)
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Vengeful by VE Schwab (Release Date: September 25, 2018)
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce (Release Date: February 6, 2018)
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson (Release Date: August 7, 2018)
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (Release Date: November 6, 2018)
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Release Date: March 13, 2018)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (Release Date: March 6, 2018)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Release Date: October 2, 2018)
Notable mentions include The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody, These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch, Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton, Dare You To Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch, and The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli.
*Please note that this list only includes books that were published between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 in Canada. In addition, all books on the above list are books that I have personally read during the year of 2018. Therefore, some books you regarded as being one of your favourite books of 2018 may be omitted from this list. If this is the case, please refrain from negativity – instead, I ask you to comment and share the omitted book with me so I have to opportunity to read it myself! Thank-you!
Now, back to my Year in Books, as told by Goodreads! First up are some basic book lengths and popularity statistics:
Next up is my top rated book, which was (unsurprisingly) Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas:
Finally, Goodreads compiled a giant collage of all the books I read in 2018, which I absolutely loved, and was so excited to share with the world: