FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box that specializes in Young Adult Fantasy books, based out of London, England. Recent themes include “Oh So Regal” (December 2017), “Talk Faerie to Me” (January 2018), and “Save the Kingdom” (May 2018). Every month they have a different theme and select an exciting newly released fantasy novel, in addition to 4-6 hand selected goodies – like book inspired teas, candles, bookmarks, tote bags, and more!
So, how can you get a FairyLoot box of your own (because once you see the awesome books and all the awesome loot in them, I know you’ll want one too)? For more information, check out FairyLoot’s website!
AND, IF YOU DECIDE TO SUBSCRIBE? CHECK OUT MY FAIRYLOOT PAGE FOR CURRENT DISCOUNT CODES FOR 3 AND 6 MONTH SUBSCRIPTIONS!
So now, on to the exciting part – the unboxing! The theme for Junw 2018’s FairyLoot box was “Rebels in Ballgowns”! This box was inspired by stories where the main character is on a secret mission and has to dress up – think masquerade parties and elegant parties! There’s a TON of fantastic items, including a very highly anticipated new release that is getting fantastic reviews (and which won’t be released until July!) – and of course its filled with items inspired by popular YA novels, including Legendary by Stephanie Garber, The Selection by Kiera Cass, and Nevernight by Jay Kristoff!
(WARNING: SPOILERS FOR BOX CONTENTS PAST THIS POINT)
SO WHAT, EXACTLY, WAS IN THE BOX?
This month’s box was absolutely overflowing with fantastic bookish goodies – in fact, I had a difficult time snapping a good unboxing, there was so much to squeeze in to the photo! This box included:
- An Exclusive Corvere Candle (inspired by Mia Corvere and the Great Tithe Gala of the Nevernight Chronicles) created by Geeky Clean.
- An Exclusive Destiny Cushion Cover designed by Miss Phi. This item was inspired by Legendary by Stephanie Garber, a story that is filled to the brim with rebels in ballgowns!
- An Exclusive Reading Journal designed by Fiction Tea Designs, with quote art by Stella Bookish Art. This is easily my favourite item I’ve ever gotten in a book box!
- Exclusive Shatter Me Magnetic Bookmarks designed by Taratjah Art, which feature Warner, Juliette and Adam.
- A Masquerade Mask Necklace create by Team Fairyloot.
- An Exclusive “Looking Awesome” Iron-On Patch designed by Ink and Wonder, which features a quote from The Selection by Keira Cass.
- Book of the Month Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart. This edition is a FaiyLoot Exclusive because the standard UK edition is only printed in paperback! Plus, Grace and Fury won’t be released until the end of July, and the box also included an author letter, signed bookplate, and postcard (with beautiful artwork!)
- The box also included a Sea Witch Sampler Poster