Before I get into unboxing this January 2018’s FairyLoot box, let me begin with a bit of a delayed unboxing post, because with all the craziness in December, I totally forgot to officially unbox the December “Oh So Regal” FairyLoot Box! So, here’s a quick unboxing photo, because (as always) this box was fabulous! It included a Disney Prince inspired candle (create by A Court of Candles), a Full-Sized Disney Royalty Funko Pop, Book of the Month Everless by Sara Holland, and lots of other bookish goodies, including a key chain, pencil case, and notebook!
I would also like to note that this month’s unboxing (which I am so excited for because I adore this box) will be my last FairyLoot unboxing for at least a few months. Even though these boxes are often the highlight of my month, I’ve decided to suspend my subscription for financial reasons – but I can’t wait until I’m able to become a subscriber again!
So what is FairyLoot?
FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box that specializes in Young Adult Fantasy books, based out of London, England. Recent themes include Villainous (October 2017), All That Sass (September 2017), and Otherworlds (August 2017). Every month they have a different theme and select an exciting newly released fantasy novel, in addition to 4-6 hand selected goodies – like book inspired teas, candles, bookmarks, tote bags, and more!
So, how can you get a FairyLoot box of your own (because once you see the awesome books and all the awesome loot in them, I know you’ll want one too)? For more information, check out FairyLoot’s website!
AND, IF YOU DECIDE TO SUBSCRIBE? CHECK OUT MY FAIRYLOOT PAGE FOR CURRENT DISCOUNT CODES FOR 3 AND 6 MONTH SUBSCRIPTIONS!
So now, on to the exciting part – the unboxing! The theme for January 2018’s FairyLoot box was “Talk Faerie to Me”, and it was perfect for fans of faeries and Sarah J Maas! So if you love a good fantasy read featuring all things fae, then you are going to love this box – and even if you don’t, there’s no doubt in my mind you would love it anyways! There’s a TON of fantastic items, including a very highly anticipated new release that is getting fantastic reviews – and of course its filled with faeries!
(WARNING: SPOILERS FOR BOX CONTENTS PAST THIS POINT)
SO WHAT, EXACTLY, WAS IN THE BOX?
- A FairyLoot Exclusive “What Breaks You” Pillowcase created by Evie Bookish (featuring a quote from Sarah J Maas’ A Court of Wings and Ruin)
- A FairyLoot Exclusive Prince Cardan Candle created by Meraki Candles (created using scents suggested by Holly Black herself!)
- A FairyLoot Exclusive Vegan Seelie (or Unseelie) Lip Balm created by Geeky Clean – I received the Seelie version, which tastes like apples!
- A FairyLoot Exclusive Edition of the Faerieland Colouring Book by Michael O’Mara
- A FairyLoot Exclusive Illyrian Magnetic Bookmarks created by Dreamy and Co. (featuring Feyre and Rhysand of the A Court of Thorns and Roses Trilogy in their fighting leathers!)
- Two stunning (and reversible) FairyLoot Exclusive art prints! Each print includes Throne of Glass inspired character artwork illustration by Diana Worak, with two gorgeous text illustrations by Stella’s Bookish Art on the reverse side.
- A FairyLoot Exclusive Prince Cardan character artwork illustration created by Merwild.
- Book of the Month: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, which comes with a signed bookplate and author letter!
- This box also included a Spoiler Card and FairyLoot bookmark (both illustrated by Taratjah exclusively for FairyLoot) and a FairyLoot Reading Buddy Card!
That’s all for this month everyone! As I said, I won’t have a FairyLoot Unboxing for you for the next few months, but I will keep the codes on my FairyLoot Page up to date – and please, feel free to follow me on social media to stay up to date with my latest bookish endeavors!