It’s the time of year for lists and reflection, and I would be amiss if I didn’t reflect upon what I read this year, and if I didn’t share my favourite reads of 2017! I read a lot this year – about 80 books (because I am sure I missed recording a few on Goodreads here and there!), which amounted to a whopping 32,601 pages. And that’s not even counting all the reading I did for school (which, by the way, is something I would prefer to not reflect upon).
Anyways, Goodreads put together this super neat feature called “My Year in Books”, and I thought it would be awesome to combine some of the things I learned from it with my yearly Top 10 Books post! I have attached photos of “My Year in Books” below my Top 10 of 2017 post for this of you who are interested in viewing it – including a fabulous collage of all the books I read this year!
My Top 10 Books for 2017 are:
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas (May 2, 2017)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (February 28, 2017)
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (March 28, 2017)
- A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab (February 21, 2017)
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas (September 5, 2017)
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard (January 10, 2017)
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (September 5, 2017)
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli (October 3, 2017)
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (March 14, 2017)
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller (August 29, 2017)
*Please note that this list only includes books that were published on or after January 1, 2017 in Canada that I have personally read. Therefore, some books you regarded as being one of your favourite books of 2017 may be omitted from this list. If this is the case, please refrain from negativity – instead, I ask you to comment and share the omitted book with me so I have to opportunity to read it myself! Thank-you!
First up are some basic book lengths and popularity statistics:
Next up is my top rated book, which was (unsurprisingly) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas:
Finally, Goodreads compiled a giant collage of all the books I read this year, which I absolutely loved, and was so excited to share with the world:
What was your favourite read of 2017! Let me know in the comments – I am always looking for new books to read!