I’m going to start things off nice and simple, with a list of books I’ve been reading, or will be reading, in May. Likely, these books will be among some of the first of my reviews, since they’re on hand (in St. Catharines, and not in Guelph), and fresh in my mind.
May is always one of my favourite times of year- its a pretty hard hitting month for book releases, what with everyone trying to get their book out there in time for summer, so it means lots of new reading material. As far as I’m concerned, that’s a win in my book. Also, if I’m being honest, I slacked on the reading during exams, and now I’m playing catch-up.
My Must-Reads for new(ish) releases this month are:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas (if you haven’t read the first book in this series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, you’d better add that to your list as well!)
- The Crown by Keira Cass (again, another sequel, so make sure you check out the other books in this series prior to reading this one!)
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima (okay, so maybe May is the month of super awesome sequels…?)
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Forest of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
Apparently, in case you’ve failed to notice, I’ve got a thing for sequels this month. Some other books I’ve stumbled upon recently, which aren’t quite as new onto the scene, but which are definitely still worth a read:
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- And of course, its sequel, The Invasion of the Tearling, also by Erika Johansen
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- I’m nothing if not consistent… Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Well, that’s all for tonight. Let me know if you’ve any reading suggestions of your own!
Happy Reading! 🙂